Five totally random facts you might not know about the popular American television series ‘The Simpsons’:
– It is the longest-running American animated programme.
– If ‘The Simpsons’ aged normally, Bart Simpson would now be older than his mother Marge was in the first season.
– The actor who plays Lisa Simpson was born in France in 1964.
– The actors who play the characters in the Simpsons are currently paid $300,000 per episode.
– In 1992, the then-President George Bush criticized the show by saying, “We are going to keep on trying to strengthen the American family, to make American families a lot more like the Waltons and a lot less like the Simpsons”.
Here’s a short compilation film of clips of Homer from ‘The Simpsons’ singing.
Today’s culture spot is dedicated to that most tasty of cheeses, Cheddar Cheese!
Some things you may not know about Cheddar Cheese:
– Cheddar cheese is named after the village of the same name in England where this most delicious of cheeses has been produced since at least the 12th century.
– Traditionally the cheese was matured in the many caves to be found in the village of Cheddar in Somerset, south-west England.
– A good quality strong Cheddar needs to be matured for at least 12 months.
– It is the most popular type of cheese in the UK, Australia, and Canada; and is the second-most-popular cheese in the US, behind Mozzarella.